Have you ever defriended anybody on Fb for being to negative?

My friends husband is driving me up the wall! He keeps posting self pitying remarks about their relationship problems. I'm seriously thinking about deleting him as a friend if he doesn't quit.

bigeyedragdoll

Asked by bigeyedragdoll at 7:51 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I have - I didn't let them know, just unfriended them. I also unfriended my DH's niece this morning, she's just pathetic. I don't listen to their problems in real life, why on earth do I want my wall covered with their negativity??
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:52 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No, I haven't, but I've threatened two people I know for their obscene profile pictures. After I threatened to "unfriend" them, they both changed the pictures. In your case, I would do the same.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I havent, but instead of deleting him and causing possible problems, just hide him!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• A few times, but i'm sure more people did it to me! I tend to be a bit negative, not intentionally, but it's something i'm working HARD on changing!! Hubby is stuck with most of it, and he can't unfriend me!!! hehehe
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• nope
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• yes I have.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes I have.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:26 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You can just remove his posts from your wall w/o defriending him. I've done that to several people for one reason or another, usually because the stuff they post is not appropriate for work.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 8:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Oh my gosh YES! lol I already have enough troubles on my own, thanks! I have Major Depressive Disorder and as a part of my therapy I am trying to think positively and post only positive stuff wherever I go. I had this one person who was(and has always been, come to think of it) continually saying things like poor me, and if I killed myself no one would care and on and on. He wasn't threatening or serious about it in any way, he was just fishing for attention and compliments. I called him on it, and then when he lashed out at me, blaming it on me of all things(we dated in high school and were still friendly, I thought), I took him off my list permanently. That was just one person- there have been others that I didn't bother telling off or anything. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes, especially if its someone I don't normally talk to. I think so people use FB to get people to feel sorry for them and it annoys me.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 8:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2011