Hair

Is it common that hair falls out after having a kid. I had a baby 3 months ago and I have been breast feeding and for the last month my hair will not stop falling out. Just wondering if this is normal

bworley

Asked by bworley at 9:09 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Health

• yes it's common. when you are pregnant, your hair folicles go into overdrive + all the extra vitamins make that wonderful pregnancy hair :) but after you are pregnant, those things go away and the hair falls out.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_postpartum-hair-loss_11721.bc

Anonymous

• Yes, this is normal. For 9 nine months you didn't lose your hair. Do you remember how thick it was and how great? Well, this is the "shedding" process and 9 months of hair that should have shed is now shedding all at once. The problem also is that it does not grow back all at once. Our hormones change many things in our body. My hair changed completely - color too after my 3rd. You need to make sure you are using a good hair shampoo and conditioner. Ones that fortify the hair. I use botanically based products without chemicals, dyes or fragrances that could strip your hair or leave a residue on it. There is also a great thermal hair infusion that has helped many semi-bald people grow their hair! I would be happy to provide you some information if you would like. Let me know your email address and I can send you pictures, etc. Your hormones will go back to normal,and your hair will come back!
    Health4U

Answer by Health4U at 11:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008