Losing your mucus plug

hey. i was just wondering. When did you lose your mucus plug? and how soon everything started for you,after you lost it.
I've been 2 cm and 50% effaced for 3 weeks,which is great,but doesn't really mean anything and i've started having some contractions few days ago,very light in my right side,shooting pains,that come and go,but now they are getting stronger and now i can feel them on top of my abdomen and around my bellybotton. could those be real?
i am ready to have her,i am full term,so it's only 10 days left till my official due date.
this morning,after i had such a ruff night,couldn't even turn from one side to another,it hurt so bad,i barely got some sleep,this morning i lost my mucus plug. does that mean anything? am i going to be in labour soon?
please let me know,when did you lose yours and when the real labour started for you.
thank you

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I never lost mine, but yes it means the end of your pregnancy is near, and it won't be long before you meet the baby, how exciting!

Answer by older at 9:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Empty your bladder and have something to drink. If your pains continue, it most likely is the start of labor. Hopefully, it will be fairly quick that the pain ends and you get to meet your LO.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Not necessarily, I lost mine, 2 weeks before my dd, and they told me when I was induced, I lost it again, so it can grow back, ( that's sounds really nasty, but not sure how to word it)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:56 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• wow that sucks it can grow back im 37 weeks and 5 days and im waiting for mine to come out to. What did it look like lol sry gross question but im like expecting lots of blood or whatever but i was told sometimes you don't even lose it. I know some ppl lose theres and nothing happens so if ur pain is getting worse i would start counting your contractions and if there bad go to the hospital. Im having really bad cramping and back pain right now so im trying to figure out what that means good lucky maybe you will get a vday baby today
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• out of 4 pregnancies, i only noticed one mucus plug. my son was born about 2 hours after i lost the mucus plug.
    for my last baby i was clearly in labor...contractions every 1 and a half minutes...and for some strange reason i kept looking for the mucus plug! my midwife was laughing at me, and said you are in laobr, you don't need to look for signs of being in labor : ) i don't always think very clearly!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i lost mine about 2 days prior to giving birth
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2011