Recommendation on how to wake a deep sleeper

In 3.5 years, DD should be heading off to college. She's a deep sleeper who sleeps through the ringing of her alarm clock. My husband or I wake her every morning for school. I was thinking that a vibrating alarm clock or one that has a flashing light might be the answer.

Can someone recommend a clock that has worked for a deep sleeper?

JSD24

Asked by JSD24 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Technology

• hmmm...In high school, a friend of mine had a Nickelodeon alarm clock that sounded like a bunch of trumpets sounding. I'm sure that would wake anyone up.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-SBB500ss-Vibrating-Alarm-Clock/dp/B000OOWZUK

i've seen a few that get louder the longer they're on, and some that require you to get up and step on it or catch it if you have trouble getting to sleep.

i'm pretty sure if your daughter has that alarm clock her dorm mates would be more than willing to make her get up if she's still asleep.

i should consider getting one too. my SO can't wake up in the morning either... i wonder if they're getting enough sleep.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 9:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• that sounded wrong. i have one SO. haha. i shouldn't have said "they're"

although i understand... before i had a child i was a deep sleeper too. i've slept through earthquakes that've moved my bed 3 feet from the wall.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 9:25 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Buy a screaming meany alarm clock from a truck stop. They LOUD!!!!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Ice water.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2011