days and Nights mixed up?

OK...first time mom here. My baby will keep me up all night for a couple of nights (she has her playtime and is wide awake), then have a good night (eat every 3 or so hours then go straight to sleep and I get a couple of hours of sleep in between). Last night was rough...did not get to sleep until about 7:30 this morning, got a couple of short naps in with her this morning. I try to stimulate her during the day, but have a hard time keeping her awake.

She is 4 weeks old. Is this something I just have to work through? Will she get her days and nights straightened out on her own or is there something I need to do? Any suggestions welcome!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take her outside from about 10am until 11am.

the sun light helps stimulate the body to produce the chemicals it needs to get sleepy. you go outside in the morning so that those chemicals are active at night time.
    Anonymous