What to do about my childs loose tooth that hurts?

My daughter is 6 and has a loose tooth that is really hurting her. This is her 4th loose tooth and the others never hurt. She cries about it, doesn't really want to eat and its been waking her up at night. We have been giving her motrin and putting orajel on it and her gums around it but it doesn't seem to be helping. Is there anything I can do for her pain? Should I be taking her to the dentist?

Manda0303

Asked by Manda0303 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would most definitely take her to a dentist. Especially if it's painful enough to have been affecting her sleep and eating habits.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 9:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would advise taking her to the dentist.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It might be the new tooth coming in that actually hurts not the one coming out but a quick trip to the dentist will help. If nothing else, just call the dentist and ask him what to do

Answer by admckenzie at 10:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You could call a dentist and ask what you can do for the pain.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Call the dentist.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2011