Wonderful Husbands

I am sick, and so are our children. My husband has been taking care of everything, cleaning, cooking, laundry, keeping us comfortable, and all without complaining at all. He loves taking care of us, even though he doesn't like us sick, obviously. Even when I'm not sick, when he's home, he plays with our children, gives baths, feeds them, reads stories, or helps me out with any housework I haven't gotten to. When he gets sick, he never complains. Of course, he isn't perfect, and he does have a few days where he just is tired of everything, and I can understand that, he recently inherited his father's company, and getting everything worked out is a pain, and when he has that day where he is just completely worn out and tired, I do everything I can to get the kids to bed early, and then do whatever I can for him.

My question is, why do so many of the moms on here seem to think that a man actually being a man, and good one, along with an amazing father, is fake? Why is it so hard to believe? And why, when I or another mom states in a post that her marriage is wonderful and her husband terrific, must everyone try to put her down, telling her that she is a troll? I understand that many of you are tired of being in bad marriages with not so great men, but why try to tear others down? And are there really that many terrible marriages that a good one makes everyone here suspicious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• lucky u
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have an awesome husband too. I am not sure why the negative responses.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:01 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i'm not sure i get you cause i have enver heard anyone say that their isn't such a thing as a good man. maybe it's just cause my man is a great husband and father that i don't notice. sure i see women complain but i have never had anyone tell me that i made my husband up and that he isn't the man i say he is. that he is fake.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I also have a wonderful man. He may complain occasionally but it really is over nothing that is important. I appreciate him for who is and what he does for our family as a whole. He takes great care of me and our DD and I try and do the same for him.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:22 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have an amazing husband :)
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I also have an incredible husband! But before I HAD my incredible husband I hadn't known any incredible men, period, so I wasn't sure there were any such beings! Thank goodness there are!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I must say I have a wonderful husband as well. It has not always been this way and we have worked really hard at our relationship and what we want out of it. We have been married 14 years and it is not always roses and fun. We fight and I complain about things he does that bother me. I don't think any marriage is perfect, although I do believe that you can be happy and have a great marriage.

I am glad that you are lucky enough to have a wonderful husband that loves you and takes care of you. I think life is to short to stay in a marriage that makes you unhappy.

Hope you feel better soon!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My husband is a wonderful man.   I'm guessing jealousy is the root of the negative responses.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Jealousy, maybe? I have THE best, sexiest, and most wonderful Husband in creation..and He is THE greatest and most amazing Daddie to Our Son. We have THE most incredible and rockin' Marriage, can't get enough of each other, are Best Friends, and are just as Crazy In Love as We were in the Beginning of Us. There is NO ONE better than my perfect Man, and that is a FACT, people. ;P
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:38 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My husband is wonderful.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 11:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2011