Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Any lawyers on ?

my BF is married ...kind of . his ex committed adultery and abandoned him over two years ago. we have proof she committed adultery. but we dont know were she is. we are planning on filing for divorce but we dont want her getting involved and messing things up. is there a way to do this.


Asked by blinkys11 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

Level 13 (1,181 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • ^^This. Talk to an attorney in your local area as they would know the laws in your area.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 10:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

  • It doesn't work that way. It's her divorce so she has to get involved unless she chooses not to. The husband can file and post an ad in the local newspaper of her last known address if they can't find her by mail. She can choose to get involved or not. If not, it won't stop the divorce.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

  • Yeah I would say she has the right to get involved.....but I agree with OP as well...check with a lawyer, if she does not respond see how he can proceed. Are there kids involved?

    Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

  • yes. go post an ad in a local paper telling her that divorce papers have been filed and that the court date is a so and so day at a so and so time. if she doesnt show up by law yaw get to get the divorce. i am 95% this is how it works.

    Answer by pignmonkeysmom at 2:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011