What 5pt harness do you use for your 50 pound child? I need a new seat.

I have been using our seat for a few years and need a new one. He's 6, 49 pounds, approx 48" tall. I plan to keep him in the 5 pt harness until he's 65 pounds, which I believe is the limit.
Anyways, my car is a 2002 so I don't think it has the top tether Latch system. Anybody have any seat recommendations? $200 or under would be great. Thank you.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 10:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• We have 2 Britax Frontiers. They might meet your price point if you look around a little and find one on sale.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:20 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We have a Graco Nautilus and I love it. I've looked at a couple others that have extended harness and are close to that price range (150) but they don't get tall enough and my five year old is really tall. We've had the Nautilus for two years now and never had an issue with it. I plan to get a second one when the tax refund comes so I don't have to move it between vehicles.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Graco Nautilus here! My Son isn't 50lbs yet, but the harness can be used up to 65lbs. It's a 3-in-1 carseat, converts to a high-back booster once you can't use the harness anymore, then a regular booster.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:20 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• yap! the fronteir would be my choice!!!! second would be a complete air 65 but it doesn't turn into a booster.....
    mommawhite08

Answer by mommawhite08 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have 2 Graco Nautilus. I'd recommend them. I have also heard very good things about the Frontier 85, but have no personal experience with it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• actualy by this time you can put him in a booster seat but if you feel safe with 5pts theni would say look on amazon.com or kids r us
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I was actually just looking at the Frontier. 5pt to 85 pounds! Amazon has it for only $202. I sent the link to hubby, told him it's an investment in Bailey's safety.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2011