what have you burned or destoryed for a thanksgiving dinner?

i was tring to make cream of corn and i burnt it, matter of fact it burnt to the pan and i couldn't get it off so i ended up throwing the hole thing away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• aww i have only cooked it once and it was fine.
    but the first year we had my dog. she was a puppy. we took herto my dad's to dinner and everyone is eating and i realize the dog is gone, i ran into the kitchen to find her with the leftover turkey - bigger than her! and had to wrestle the dog for it getting turkey and juices all over me... she hasnt been invited back since but they send home scraps/ that was the worst thing i have done. my mil alway burns bread, she hasnt cooked the meal if the bread isnt burnt, she is a wonderful cook but it is unfortunately her trademark.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• For me it's baked goods! I can cook all day long and everything will come out good except anything like cookies or pies or anything like that. For some reason I just can't get a feel for baked goods! So I cheat....I either buy them from the store or ask someone else to bring the dessert!
    LizzyLynn

Answer by LizzyLynn at 9:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I haven't done anything, but my mom...lol... once she forgot to turn on the oven and the stupid turkey was like sitting in there all cold until about 11:00! She about had a cow, my grandma and all the rest of the family were due to come over at noon... we ended up nuking the turkey and it turned out okay.
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 10:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• The first time I ever had to cook T-day meal I undercooked the turkey and we all got sick. 25 yrs ago, but still a fresh memory. BTW..if you ever burn something bad in a pan again...fill the burned part with water and add some dishwashing liquid. Put it on the stove and bring the water to a boil. Usually that will loosen anything burned.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• well we didnt have a thanksgiving table all the food was ready to be served everyone was in line my brother leaned on the table and the glass table broke with all the food on the floor we didnt have a table to eat so we decided to get tables from a bar lol
    mommydmcj

Answer by mommydmcj at 11:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008