What activities do you plan for your children

What type of activities do you plan for your children during times off from school?  If you live where there is snow and can't get out all the time is what I am referring to

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:26 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• You mean snow days or holidays when its winter? On those days we usually plan things like movies to rent and watch with popcorn and what not. We also have video games like Guitar Hero, American Idol etc and we will all play them together and have a great time with it as a family. If we can make it to the main roads I will sometimes take them to the movies, or we go to a friends house. Of course with snow on the ground we also go outdoors and play in it.
    During Spring and Summer we have alot more to do. Spring we have of course little league and gardening outside. Summer we have a pool, Carowinds (amusement park season passes), the zoo, camping etc.

Answer by gemgem at 10:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Our neighborhood has a pool - so that's pretty much an everyday event. My older ones go to camp, and then we do something "special" every week - skating, bowling, etc. plus the free summer movies every week and the library once/week.

Answer by missanc at 10:28 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We usually going bowling, the movies, do crafts at home, we read and play board games. Sometimes we bake cookies or brownies and they usually help make dinner sometimes. Right now it is winter and there is snow every where. So we might go sledding or to the science museum.

We also usually clean their rooms during vacation.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• park, last week we made valentines day cards, and we draw and color.
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I don't plan activities. My kids are 10, 9, 8 and almost 5 and are capable/responsible for entertaining themselves. They don't need me to "plan" their day. On days off (like weekends and the random snow day--we've had 2 this year) they play with their toys, watch TV, play video games, color, read, play with each other, go to friends' houses, play outside (if it's not raining). We have board and card games, tons of puzzles, lots of art supplies, a 35 gallon tub of legos.
    A couple of weekends ago, though, I did help my 9yo son build castles with his legos.
    If they start to whine they are bored then I get out cleaning supplies and they can help clean (wash walls or windows, scrub the floors, clean the bathrooms, etc).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:34 AM on Feb. 14, 2011