Do you do anything "Special" on Valentines Day?

with your spouse/partner or children; do you give and get candy, cards, flowers or nothing at all? How does it make you feel?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Holidays

• We give the kids a little candy. I hope to get something specila for dinner. I don't give actual presents, because the kids have too much junk already (a birthday in Dec, Christmas, another birthday in Jan, and another in April).

When they're just a little older, I'll let them make valentines. But they don't have the staying power for 25-35 valentines yet.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Normally we go out (dh and myself) without the kids. We normally exchange gifts a week before or the week of Valentines day since its one of the days for "us" along with our anniversary. With the kids I get them candy & the girls get flowers. It makes me feel good I guess because I love presents, both giving and receiving.

Answer by gemgem at 10:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I love Valentine's Day. It's all aout the love, cards and candy for the kids. I bought DH sexy underwear and a red shirt to wear tonight when we go out for a romantic dinner. He got me flowers and a card.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I am blessed to have wonderful loving friends and family - I got three cards in the mail on Saturday, as well as a package (a beautiful red heart-shaped frame with a pic of me and my son in it). It made me feel very special and loved <3

After work I will take my son to the store to get chocolates and a balloon, and we'll find a fountain to sit and watch - his fave activity :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011