Did you see this on Dr. Phil...A mom using hot sauce & cold showers as a punishment?

I could never do that to my dd's!!! What ever happened to her anyways?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I saw the preview and made sure I DVR the show, I was sure I was going to think the worse of her. I do think what she did was aweful to that poor little boy. But ~ I have to give her credit for trying to get help. Some people don't know what to do when it comes to consequences. I really wish they taught it in high school.

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• saw commercail for this show, it was enopugh to make me feel like the best mom in the worst of times (tantrum times)
    neverwould think of doing this, abuse
    do not know what happened to her
    did not see show, but knew of it
    yikes, something that this child will always remember
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• That WAS awful! I think that she is dealing with PS now....
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:07 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I believe she has been charged with child abuse.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• angryI saw that show that day that it aired, it made me cry..how could someone do this to a child??? This or any sort of child abuse is un called for. No child deserves to be abused. That woman needs her face beat in thats for sure. She should never be allowed to have children in her house again and should have to register as a child abuser !!!! I hope she rots in hell where she belongs

Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• That show was Horrifying!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• What!?!? I could never do that to my dd either let alone any future children I have.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i haven't heard about her in a while.. but that is very abusive imo.. a cold shower in Alaska?? the mom went overboard and she should be punished accordingly.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i heard about that in that sitch it is so messed up but in the old days that was normal not to that extrem but it happend my SO wet the bed untill he was about 9 untill his dad but him in a cold shower for like 30 seconds he never did it again but thats what im saying 30 seconds is enough to get you hair wet and thats it and after ward he went to bed to warm up. that lady was just messed up
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• sassy spray. Its watered down vinegar in a spray bottle. Kids get a squirt when they talk back. My nephew gets a drop of hot sauce bc he likes the vinegar. Its one of the taste profiles. Not enough to make the eyes water but enough to say "hello!" not to a 30 month old, but to a 5 year old, yes. Already eats it in the food i cook anyway.
    cold showers, no. Taking a shower is part of good personal health and I would never associate it with punishment.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2011