This is good? I equate it to "Where's the Beef"

Link text

There are many reasons why this is bull but I want to know why people would accept something giving savings projections over 10 yrs? Absolutely no one knows what will happen in 10 yrs and to project that far ahead is just wrong. I think that's one more thing Republicans should change about how gov does business.
Also how is 100 billion a year savings a good thing? That's chicken scratch.

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• So the deficit will go up but if we vote for him in 2012 itll go down? That is kinda like a kid running for class president promising free cupcakes at lunch everday for votes isnt it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Well I don't see how you can count it as "savings" when the money to fund it would have been borrowed to begin with. Not borrowing something doesn't mean you save it instead. I don't base the budgets of my businesses on how much money I can save by not borrowing it. Ten years is way to long to calculate, it is no wonder they are always wrong. IMO they should use 5 yrs at the most..I would prefer 2.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• He could promise a vine covered cottage, and a new Honda Accord=fully loaded, and he would not get my vote. The only way he gets my vote=He steps down from office.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 1:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yeah. I'm too mad about this one to form a coherent sentence.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• To me, this line says it ALL:

Obama called his new budget one of "tough choices and sacrifices," but most of those cuts would be held off until after the next presidential election.

Might that be because he knows if he makes a lot of those cuts, he loses the votes of the people who depend on what he's cutting?

DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 5:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011