Is there anyone who knows of a monthly stipend that military moms get when there husbands are deployed and they mom works full time......i need help with daycare??

katlee2009

Asked by katlee2009 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• What rank is your husband? I know that the CYS offers 10 free hours for E-4 and below. As far as a monthly stipend, I am not sure what you are talking about. When he is deployed y'all should be getting his base pay, housing allowance (if you live off post), separation pay, hazardous duty pay, plus there will be no taxes taken out. If with all the extra pay and your pay you get from working, and you can't afford daycare, then you may want to consider reworking your budget and possibly getting rid of something that you don't need.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I don't know what branch your husband is in but if the military base you live near has something called Navy Relief or something similar I would check with them about daycare and if they couldn't help you I'm sure they'd point you in the right direction. I know in the marine corps if you wanted your child on base daycare they go by the spouses base pay to determine how much daycare is each week. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you if that's for every branch of service though.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• sweetpea is correct
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I also wanted to add that whatever you do spend on childcare this year, when you do your taxes for the 2011 tax year you can claim what you spent and you will likely get some of it back.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:54 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I just recieved a ton of info from my another military wife here at home. I love the support and thank you all very much! I found that the website for NACCRRA helps alot!!! They are wonderful
    katlee2009

Comment by katlee2009 (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sometimes they will give you daycare vouchers. That only happened once with us. Or you can also use free date nights for child care. Talk to your family services and see what is available to you. Different units different items.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• when your husband is deployed, you get 16 hrs of free childcare a month, of hourly care. They sometimes discount additional hours. Not sure for working moms though.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011