Ever since the birth of my daughter 15 months ago my 2 cats just annoys the hell out of me, i feel like i have no patience with them I feel so bad anyone feel the same??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pets

• Oooh. The same thing happened to me. I used to LOVE my cat but after the birth of my 1st son...I coldn't stand for my cat to even touch me or come with in 15 feet of me. Just the thought made my skin crawl. I felt really bad about it and my husband had to find a different home for her.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yes, same thing here. It happened with my first daughter and now that I am pregnant again, my puppy is driving me crazy too!!! I think we only have enough patience for so much in our worlds. Babies always come first so the furry creatures take a backseat.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I went through the same thing! I had my cats for 9 years before the kids were born and the cats were my babies. They were always in my lap and sleeping with me in my bed, etc. After the kids were born, I didn't want cats hanging all over me in my "me time". I was constantly putting them back down on the floor and sighing, etc. My husband told me that I wasn't being fair because I'm the one that raised them to have certain expectations of me and now I'm not following through. So I am a little sad, but after having kids hanging on me all day, when they go to bed, I'm done! But my oldest child is 5 now, so my cat (one died last year, so I only have one now) is used to what attention he gets, plus he's gotten smart and goes to the kids for attention, yay! Next time I get a pet, I am going to remember to treat it like a pet and not a child.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i am SO glad to see im not the only one! my DD is 5mo & since shes been born my puppy drives me nuts! the dog is ALWAYS in my way or doing something to annoy me. i know its me not her but its like shes regressed. i feel less bad now
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:34 PM on Nov. 18, 2008