Not a question....but....My baby girl was born and it was dramatic! :)

Friday February 4th Kevin and I arrived at the hospital for a scheduled induction only to find out that I was not put on the schedule!!!! Frustration begins! I had to wait on Dr Godfree to come in and put me back on it before we could start. Thankfully it was only delayed 1 1/2 hours. After hours of very slow dilation I went from 6 cm to 10 in about 5 minutes! By this time my epi was GONE.....did you hear me.....GONE!! I was ready to push! After two pushes things began to be hectic in the room and loud. I had no idea why but nurses were on my bed pushing my stomach and yelling at me to push. I didn't know that Mica was head out shoulders stuck!!! Her umbilical cord was over her right shoulder being pinched as well. My OB had to be aggressive but she finally was born!!! She does have some shoulder nerve damage, but Dr is impressed by how much it has already improved! We believe God will heal her completely in a few more months!

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 12:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• She was a big girl at 9.7 lbs :) But beautiful! I immediately realized that I had a headache and neck ache and had also pulled something in my upper shoulder areas that was killing me! I told the anesthesiologist who went ahead and gave me a blood patch through my Epidural. It helped. The rest of the day was spent admiring Mica and introducing her to her very excited brother and sister! Saturday was more of the same except that my headache came back and was worse. I was made to lay completely flat (not fun)

Also on Saturday night Mason became sick with a fever that spiked to 104.9! Thank goodness my mother was there, she knew exactly how to get it to come down fast and she stayed with him that night! My SIL Lynz stayed with me that night, (thank you Lynz) :) Haniah filled in too :) Love you guys! He has been up and down with his temp all week! All of his tests came back normal as well! Frustration!

mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Sunday lunch we were discharged and I felt ok. But by the time we arrived at home the headache was massive and I could barely walk. DH basically carried me. (sorry Kevin) I made it to the bed and didnt move. During the night I noticed I had a fever, it was 102.9. Kevin and my mom decided by morning that she would take me to the ER and Kevin would take Mica back for her jaundice test, her numbers had went up.

The ER is a horrible place. (sorry Sharon) but I was in misery between the epi headache, pulled shoulder muscle and high fever that was causing tremors and pain in my entire body. The only meds that would calm my body was morphine. After having every test in the book come back normal the Dr wanted to do a spinal tap. Just the idea scared me to death and I DID NOT want to do it. But mom, Kevin, and my aunt Kelly talked me into it. He had to stick me 3 times to get fluid b/c I was so dehydrated.
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Mica had her jaundice test and PRAISE THE LORD her numbers went back down. My first baby that did NOT have to have bili light therapy! I was so excited I cried! A lot :)

Tue, Wed, and Thurs. was spent fighting an infection and headache. DH brought Mica twice for me to feed her, I missed her and the kids soooo badly! DH had been doing a FANTASTIC job being Mr. Mom :) I came home Thursday still holding on to the Epi headache but this morning I believe it might be letting go of me a bit! I am able to sit up and not be in pain!

Sorry so long....thought I would share :)
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 12:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I am hoping she heals well. Congratulations.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 12:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Congratulations!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Sorry u went through all the drama and sickness I'm glad u and baby r both feeling better. Take care and God Bless your whole family,they all sound wonderful!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Did you have a spinal at all or just the epidural? my daughter was a planned C-section so part of the prep was to give me a spinal. I had a HORRIBLE headache afterward that was was eased by laying flat on my back, or taking the pain meds they wanted me to take. I found out as I was being discharged that that headache is a common side effect/reaction to the spinal.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• She's so beautiful! Congratulations!!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• she is so plumpy & beautiful! good size baby! and so sorry all the drama & scare happened but it was all worth it & your sweet baby will be fine, CONGRATS to you & hubby.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011