I have gone vegan for Feb.and have lost 8 lbs. Ask me anything

I'm really surprised at myself for doing this challenge (for health) ---and I've only worked out 3 times. I'm pretty mainstream when it comes to food, but I'm thinking about staying vegan! (except for the clothes thing) haha. Just want to share the scoop with anyone who is interested.

charlottej

Asked by charlottej at 12:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Good for u! I know some teenagers who r vegan for years now,as a matter of fact their whole family is.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i am a vegetarian by health reasons. And i always feel so good. great job!
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• GOOD FOR YOU!!!
    I 've thinking about it, but it is really hard?, I mean, do you eat different than the rest of your family/, do you have craving????, is something you can would like to continued?
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• wise choice, you go girl!

Answer by older at 12:40 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I do eat differently than the rest of the family, but I'm trying to provide more fruits and veggies for everyone ---and meatless dinners a few times a week. It's easy to have dinner with the famiy and just skip the meat. I have modified some ways of cooking --like switching to olive oil or other high quality oils --and vegan butter (which they can't tell the difference). I use rice or almond milk, but give the kids regular milk. Once in a while, I urge them to try something different. Turns out my daughter loves rice milk.
    charlottej

Comment by charlottej (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• With the weight loss, the biggest difference I can tell is the loss of belly fat. A friend of mine said the same thing happened when she gave up meat and dairy. Thos stubborn hips and belly just started shrinking.
    charlottej

Comment by charlottej (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes, I have craved milk and cheese but those were my "go-to" foods and I ate WAY too much dairy. I made spaghetti for the kids one night and I thought I would DIE for a bite of the ground meat....but when I put sauce on my noodles and sat down, I was fine. I missed milk terribly, but after a week I tasted it --and it seemed bitter to me. So you palate can change. By the way, I feel better than I have in YEARS --no PMS this time. I haven't even given up my two glass of wine a night --habit! ha!
    charlottej

Comment by charlottej (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• how much did you weight
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:54 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yay for you! I was a vegetarian for about 5 years, and vegan for one (then I got pregnant and craved meat like crazy). I'm pretty much back to being a vegetarian now because I got sick of, well, being sick all the time lol. I'm already feeling better, too.

What's your favorite recipe so far?
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• So far, my favorite meal is a bean/corn salsa and brown rice whole wheat burrito, with guacamole and salsa...and a sprinkling of vegan cheese.
    charlottej

Comment by charlottej (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2011