If you own a Kitchen-Aide stand mixer, have you ever used the ice cream maker attachment?

It is literally the greatest invention since the Kitchen-Aide itself! I LOVE mine! Don't have to use ice, salt, just freeze the little container and hopper (I actually keep mine in the freezer, so I can make ice cream whenever we want). Mix up the ice cream, let it sit in the fridge for about 8 hours (I let mine sit overnight, but that's just me). Hook up the attachment, turn on the mixer, and walk away. Makes ice cream in 20 minutes, and it is yummy! Cheaper than using other ice cream makers, too. All we have to buy that we don't keep on hand is half and half, whipping cream, and whatever we want to put in the ice cream. This time, we did strawberry. Never thought I'd gush over a kitchen appliance, but this one has more than paid for itself.

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I was buying the shredder/slicer this weekend and almost added the ice cream maker to my cart. We don't eat much ice cream, so I was unsure about how often we would use it, but I think you have convinced me! I know my kids would LOVE it!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My sister owns one with the attachment, and we made ice cream together. It was neat! I will definitely get one one day
    cookincat743

Answer by cookincat743 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No, I inherited my MIL's Kitchenaide stand mixer when she retired from her baking business. It is the professional one and didn't come with that attachment. Yours sounds fun, though.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 2:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Have the mixer, but not the attatchment. My kids aren't overly fond of homemade ice cream though, oddballs. I like the little hand-cranker that was handed down to me, as long as the bowl is frozen it only takes 15-20 minutes for nice firm ice cream.
    Anonymous

• there's an ice cream maker attachment? now i have to check mine out.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have and it is the bomb!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You will both love it, guaranteed. Like I said, it's small enough, you can just leave it in the freezer, and then it's ready when you are!
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I didn't know they had one!!!! I want the lid for my bowl so when not in use, the bowl doesn't get dirty/dusty.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2011