Birth of our daughter and husband will deploy a little later.

I am a wife of a Marine and i am so proud of my husband and what he does. We are expecting our little girl in july and i am very excited and he is also, with the birth of our daughter comes with the thought in the back of my mind that my husband will be deploying in January 2012 and will be deployed till aug. I am trying not to think of the fact he will miss so much and that my love will be gone for such a long time. I dont think of him leaving alot as it is in the back of my mind and i live everyday for what it is i just want to figure out how to prepare to cope.

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 12:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hey there, my boyfriend is in the Army, he has had four deployments. We are trying right now to conceive. It's always in the back of my mind too. Will he be here for the whole pregnancy, the birth, the years of firsts? My girlfriend Mary's husband just hot back from Iraq, yesterday. They have a little girl and the little girl carried a soldier daddy with her during the deployment. They put a picture of his face on it and took pictures of soldier daddy with them everywhere they went. It was cute and I think it helPed a little bit too. I wish you luck and strength and support.
    Feelinthegroove

Answer by Feelinthegroove at 12:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Take lots of pictures and set them everywhere in her room and yours and everywhere else in the house. It will be hard but you can do it. My friend, her husband was deployed shortly after their daughter was born and they got a life size poster of him in his Army suit and put it in their daughters room so she will always see him. Buy a recorder and record everything so he doesn't miss out and video chat every chance you get. It will be hard and I pray for you and your family and especially your husband. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Thank you to your husband for what he does!
    If he deploys, be sure to have a video camera and record everything for him so in some small way he can see her 1sts.
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My husband is AF and got deployed for the 3rd time when I was 5 months pregnant with our first. He missed our son's birth by eight days. It is horrible to have to go through things alone, but as a military spouse, it is something that is going to happen. The last time he deployed was right after our son turned 2 and lucky for us we were able to chat on Skype a lot. Having a computer and video chatting helps a lot. Hopefully he can use things like that where he will be. Then you both won't feel like you are so far away. Good luck to you!
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2011