Who else gets the shaft on holidays?

Not that it makes much of a difference, but it'd be nice to be the thought and and not the thinker sometimes!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 12:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I hardly ever get anything on Valentines Day anymore when we were dating and first married he never forgot a holiday but now it is like pulling teeth to get anything for any holiday and my boys have to remind him about certain things...he has this I don't care attitude right now and it effecting everything
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I get shafted by my adult kids but I dont really care. I figure once they get older maybe theyll think of me more often.

Answer by gemgem at 12:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'm sorry sweetie.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have a friend who's fiancĂ©e is deployed. She most likely won't get to hear from him at all. I think that would be a really sad situation. My husband has to work all day and late tonight so we pretty much will not be celebrating until next week.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'm sorry you are hurt by this. Maybe he doesn't think it's a good idea to spend money you don't have? Talk to him. Find out why. Maybe you have a different idea of how each holiday should be spent.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Dh just flat doesn't remember to prepare for the holiday until it's too late. Last year, a month before his bday, I took him to see his idols, George Strait and Reba McEntire in concert, 7th row floor seats with money we didn't have. As his bday approached, I felt bad he wouldn't have a gift on that day, so I bought him a new pr of chaps. Xmas was new spurs, and I got nothing for either. Hurts. And I've brought it up several times before.
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It's not even about spending the money, which we do have now. He used to leave me notes every so often, write me letters, and he just seems to overlook it. Planning a dinner or time together would be nice.
    matobe

Comment by matobe (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011