Hospital screwed up blood type test

Okay my husband is O+ I am B+. When my daughter was born the hospital did a blood test and said she was A+. I guess my hubby donated blood and saw a chart saying a ) and a B blood type can only have a child with the same type of blood. Now he's freaking out saying I cheated on him and our daughter isn't his. Funny thing is our daughter looks just like him. Has his eye color and nose. I a have brown eyes. My husband and daughter have blue.
I pointed this out to him and now he's saying that his brother is probably the father of our daughter. I completely freaked out at him. Not only is that freaking gross but now yet again he is saying our daughter isn't his.
When I first got pregnant his mother tried to convince him I was pregnant with another mans child. She hates me so she wanted to get rid of me even if it affected a unborn baby. I don't know what to do now.
Do you think the hospital screwed up on the test? I did not ever cheat on my husband so there is no way any one else can be the father.
Should I have her retested?

This is the chart he saw

http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-types

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• If he is really having that much of a fit about the blood test then get a DNA test. Make him pay for it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would re-test all 3 of you first to make sure you have your blood types right before getting a dna test, i would think dna tests are more expensive... But call your or your daughter's doctor right away! Explain the situation and ask them what your options are to have this resolved.
    cookincat743

Answer by cookincat743 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Tell him to pay for a paternity test if he doubts.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes!! The hospital screwed up,they should retake it at no cost to u!!! i would call the doctor today and have it taken care of!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• She was born over 3 years ago, will they still test it for free? I never gave 2nd thought to this. I always thought my hubby was A+ but he corrected me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Talk to your family doctor and explain the problem. The hospital will not do anything for you for free.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would say for all of your piece of mind get another blood test or DNA test, whichever is gonna give you the proof to ease all of your minds and to ensure your daughter does not suffer because of all this.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 1:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would retest your husband and your little one and maybe even you. It is amazing how many adults do not know their own blood type and are convinced it is something other than what it is.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Try talking to your family doctor, they may be able to do the tests or refer you to a clinic - then when it is confirmed that the hospital screwed up the tests I'd contact the hospital administration, it may not be worth it to go after them with a lawsuit but at least demand that something be done about the employee who made the mistake.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i would go get a dna test from walgreens and take it
    pignmonkeysmom

Answer by pignmonkeysmom at 2:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011