What's the best toy you ever bought?

My son's first b-day is coming up, and there are so many toys to choose from! I really want to get a toy that he will play with for years, not just for six months until he grows out of it. I bought this musical toy with a big mirror on it for my daughter when she was a year old, and she still plays with it, including her almost 5 year old sister and my son. I've even had older kids play with it. I'm hoping to get some ideas for another toy like that.

cookincat743

Asked by cookincat743 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The best toy I bought my 1 year old was the Playskool Busy Ball Popper, but it's not a toy that will last for years.

Answer by missanc at 1:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It was this like a walker. Where you can use it to sit and play or push and walk with! Its from Fisher Price. Michael was a preemie in '05. He wasn't walking. He was 15 mos. then & he got to walking! When I put the stickers on it! He kissed the kittens then me! Its gone on to be loved & Enjoyed by his younger siblings!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The best toys I bought for my kids when they were 1 were balls, blocks and puzzles. I also think a wagon would be really great toy for a 1 yr old.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Blocks, wagon, BOOKS! Richard Scarry's word books are wonderful and cute!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Two words. MEGA BLOCKS! We bought them for my 18 month old and my 16 year old brother still plays with them when he baby sits! XD
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 11:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011