Is it better to take zoloft dose in the morning or the night? Also, any ideas on how to avoid weight gain?

just started taking zoloft (dose at night)am so tired all day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Health

• If it tends to make you sleepy, take it at night. If it tends to make you more awake, take it in the morning. Everybody reacts differently to this drug.

As far as weight gain. Some people lose weight on Zoloft and some people gain. You'll have to wait and see what happens. If you do tend to gain on Zoloft, you can re-evaluate the situation and consider switching to another SSRI later on.

pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 9:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• One more thing. You just started Zoloft. Keep in mind it takes a 4-6 weeks for the side-effects to level off and for it to start really working. You really have to give it some time.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 9:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• pugpin is right. Im on it and in the beginning it made me SO drowsy. I slept for hours. Then everthing was fine. Take it at night for now. Also I didnt gain or lose wait and ive been on it for a year
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I take it as well. It's best to take it at night before bed. As your body adjusts (which took me about 10 days) you will be less tired
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 17, 2008