Is 4 days normal for a positive ovulation test?

I started testing on day 8 of my cycle. Day 9 was positive, 10 was negative then I have had 4 positives in a row?

Feelinthegroove

Asked by Feelinthegroove at 12:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• That's not normal, but I would assume that it is a result of a bad test or poor testing and not your body. The reason I would assume this is the ovuation tests react to the presence of Lutenizing Hormone (LH) in the urine. LH is produced only when there is a sudden drop in Estrogen. The sudden drop of estrogen triggers a spike of LH. LH dissipates from they body within 24 hours; It leaves the body so quickly that it's easy to miss an LH surge if you test at 25 hour intervals.

In the 20 years I've has an active theriological practise, I've never seen susbsequent LH surges. I've seen LH surges separated by several days but only when artificial lutenziers were administered to trigger ovulation.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 1:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I read that this test can alsO indicate pregnancy. Something about testing for a protein that is in both Hg and LH? Is it possible that I'm showing HG already? Only several days after ovulation?
    Feelinthegroove

Comment by Feelinthegroove (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It takes from 7-10 days post ovulation for the egg to be fertilized so Hcg hormones wouldn't be present in your body just yet.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 10:53 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• hCG is similiar to LH in regards to chemical structure but hCG has an extra beta protein on it's chain, and I've used both to trigger ovulation. I'm not sure of the reliability of an OPT being used to detect pregnancy however.
    Linds2Horse

Answer by Linds2Horse at 4:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2011