Those of you on Weight Watchers, how does it differ from diet & exercise alone?

I am tracking calories and fat grams etc but my mom insists WW will be a greater help. So what exactly is the difference or benefits?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 1:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Health

• Weight Watchers can be easier to follow/track than traditional counting calories/fats. Personally, I think there's no difference, but I know many people who weren't able to lose the weight without the WW program. It really depends on how well you can track your food :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Because it shows you that you can still eat full meals, eat whatever you want, and still lose weight. It just teaches you how to make the most of every calorie you eat without counting calories. It's not just "ok I can't eat this, shouldn't eat that" it just teaches you how to incorporate the foods you do like to eat into a better diet instead of just depriving yourself, cuz that doesn't work.
    Anonymous

• It isn't really except that it equates calories to points. You get so many points and if you go over you have some extra weekly points but if yo use your points up then I guess you starve. LOL , I used the one online for a couple of weeks then got out. It was not worth it, harder than just eating smaller portions and exercising.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I love it! I just find it easier for some reason. And it helps to know that I can eat any food I want. The only diet I've been able to stick with. I've been doing it for a month and lost 15 pounds.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 3:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Congrats! My mom lost 20 so far and her friend lost 50.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• One nice thing about Weight Watchers is that it's not just about calories. Point values change if the food is higher in fiber or lower in fat, etc. It makes you choose healthier ways to eat those calories.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Thanks! Congrats to your mom ad her friend too that's awesome! My goal is to lose another 35 pounds. Wish me luck! =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• As long as you follow the diet you will lose weight.
    avilio54

Answer by avilio54 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I just restarted ww again. I am doing it on my own, following the flex plan. I lost about 15 pounds or so in about 3 months. I keep a food journal, and it helps me stay in control. It helps me with portion control.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 9:30 AM on Feb. 17, 2011