Do I have the only 3 yo boy that isnt ready?

To be potty trained?? He could just careless about it. Ive tried it for 2mths and he just dont care to potty-stay clean & dry..

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm with you. My DS turned 3 12/27. I've tried a few times, he just isn't ready yet. We jsut moved, so I've laid off the last 2 weeks, I plan on trying again in a few days. Boys can be really stubborn, my pediatrician said that anytime up to age 4 is "normal" for boys. I'd rather be sure that he's ready and not have to fight with him.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• right. thats crazy, cause we just moved too. so ive been tired, and not rly focusing on potty training. Ive recently tried again in the new house. But no luck. my son wont be 3 officially til the 22nd...but if hes in no hurry-neither am i!
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I used the 3 Day Potty Training method with my son when he was 2 and 1/2 and much to my surprise it worked. I tried it because alot of my friends used it successfully...who knows maybe it will work for your son also.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My ds is mostly potty trained. He wakes up where his pullup is a little wet but will go potty in the toilet as soon as he wakes up.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• whats the 3day method? cause i thought ive tried everything!
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I uses the 3-day method on my oldest two; basically you put them in underpants, and the child is potty trained in three days. (You take them to the potty constantly during that time). It works beautifully - IF your child is ready :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No u are not the only one. My son turned 3 in sept and for the second attempt we are finally getting somewhere with it. In fact he has been in underwear all week except at night and he doing great. but i can see that the switch went off in his head and he is ready. I tried so many times when he wasnt and he just didnt care. dont get over whelmed. as my dr has said along with my mom "u dont see any kids in school still diapers." so it will happened just dont push unless it is a control thing and u know he understands what he is doing. that was what mine did. so i finally just took the diapers away but i knew he could go potty and just wouldnt. good luck
    brooklyndm

Answer by brooklyndm at 2:15 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Im right there with you My son will be 3 1/2 next month and we have been trying to get him potty trained for a few months now well on and off for a while.. I keep thinking well hes not into it after a few months and hold off for a week or two.. But mine could care less if he has poop of pee on him
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm with you as well. My son will also be 3 1/2 next month and he just ademantly refuses even sitting on the toilet. If I ever say "do you want to go on the big boy potty?" or "how about wearing these cool big boy underwear?" he screams "NO!". Usually he kicks and screams so bad we can't even get him to sit on the potty let alone use it. We've all but given up.
    LuvMyBabies912

Answer by LuvMyBabies912 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My son is turning 3 this month and doesnt seem interested in potty training either. It is still considerably young & this is the time to watch for signs that THEY are ready. Recognizing the sensation, dancing, runing off to potty alone in the diaper... etc
    A tip that I do somethimes that seems to be working, when we are at hom ei will put big boy undies on him and let him run around. sure he will have some accidents but its helping him to realize what he doing rather then in his diaper that he is so accustomed to. Hope that helps!!
    Rebecca25

Answer by Rebecca25 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2011