Have more kids or no?

I have a 10 year old and I am getting remarried. He is 40 and wants kids. I am on the fence. One minute baby fever and the next I fear doing it all over again. Opinions please...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• No more kids are coming out of me that is for sure!.... If we want more we will adopt. My DH has been "CLEANED OUT"
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You need to wait until you are 100%...100% of the time. Once they are here...there is no changing your mind. LOL good luck!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:01 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• go for it!! if he agrees to take on some responsibility, i would go for it!!
    mommyofacme

Answer by mommyofacme at 11:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would say you shouldnt deprive him of a child of his own and really if the only reason you dont want more is because you dont want to start over get past that and remember the payoff is worth it. Sit down and think long and hard about the reasons you dont want another one and i bet you find they are all minimal reasons then think about why you want another one and i bet those reasons are so much better!!!!
    mrsmiddlebrooks

Answer by mrsmiddlebrooks at 11:15 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• only you can decide.it would be nice for you and your hubby to have a baby together.if you have a baby you will cope,it all comes flooding back to you.let us know what you decide
    weeniegeorge

Answer by weeniegeorge at 11:47 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have a 9 year old, and my BF and I just had our daughter, so she's my second. IF it were up to me, I would get operated and not have any more, but I know he wants another kid. So for him I would do it, cause I knew he wanted kids and I knew he may want more than one, so since we're in this relationship together, and I know he would do it for me, then I agree. I will have another kid for him, if he wants, when he asks, cause it's only fair. You can't marry him and then tell him you don't want another kid, it's like the bait and switch. Tell him upfront how you feel, but you know babies are cute, lol, and well worth it. I say if you love him, and you really want to, then go ahead, if you think it's worth it.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 12:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I have to agree with mrsmiddlebrooks answer.. my current husband now had no kids before we were together, I had an seven year old. He really really wanted children with me, and I just couldn't break his heart like that, so there are almost 8 years between my son and our first daughter and then almost 10 years between my son and our second daughter - yes it was hard and there have been times I think I am sooo crazy, but it's been worth the ride, and he is such a proud father and loves those 2 little girls with everything he has in him... GO FOR IT!
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 5:17 PM on Jun. 19, 2008