My 19 month old doesn't want milk ever how do I get him to like it again.

jomama2467

Asked by jomama2467 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I buy the Horizon Organic milk "juice boxes" for my 3yo. They come in plain, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry (different fat contents as well) - he likes all but the strawberry ones.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• He doesn't HAVE to have milk, especially if he will eat cheese and/or yogurt. But you could try a special cup only for milk.

Answer by missanc at 1:18 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• my childs dr. told me as long as she was eating things like cheese, mac and cheese anything like that she was fine. oh and does your child lik orange juice. we got some that had extra calcium in it to make up for her lack in milk.
    pignmonkeysmom

Answer by pignmonkeysmom at 2:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• missanc I'm going to disagree with you. My MIL has an early childhood education degree and this is what I got from her when my kids were little: Yes, the kids need the whole milk and/or formula. Not for the dairy, but for the fat content. The extra fats help brain development and is a vital part of a child's development.

jomama2467, our doctor told us that chocolate milk is, in some ways, better than plain white milk (the antioxidants from the chocolate). Maybe you could get him to try some of that? My daughter LOVES chocolate milk and will slurp it down all day, as much as I will give her. White milk though will take her all day to drink 8 oz.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011