Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do I get started, as fare as fostering small children?

I am a single 36 year old person, with no children.

Answer Question

Asked by special771 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Adoption

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • google it by your state you are in. each state has different regulations on it...

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • your profile says that SC?

    if so here is the link to how to do that in SC


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

  • Contact your state agency and find out what the requirements are. I live in Ohio, so I only can speak of Ohio rules and procedures. Good luck to you! :-)

    Answer by mommytoadam at 12:51 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

  • Contact the Children, Youth and Families Department in your state. They can tell you who to contact.

    Answer by emptynestmom456 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

  • Google foster care in your state. You can work through the state, or a private foster care agency. Some states are only private, some are only through the department of children's services.

    Answer by jothra at 12:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Adoption
Is adoption expensive?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
What else?

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN