What do you feed your 5yr old

for breakfast on school days?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Almost every day I make her an egg, scrambled, fried, boiled, poached. She is picky about it and refuses to have cheese anywhere near her egg!

Some days she has half a bagel with strawberry cream cheese, or cinnamon toast.

When we have extra time it is pancakes or waffles or french toast, but that is usually weekends. Or frozen pillsbury grands cinnabun cinnamon rolls are my kids preferred breakfast served with polish kielbasa slices from eckrich in the refrigerator section. Or bacon. or freezer sausage patties that we heat up in the microwave.

Run out the door breakfasts are pop tarts, or recently cinnabun breakfast bars that are new, my kids love them.

And some days the old standby cereal and milk.

Oatmeal is something I keep trying, but no luck so far : ( I love oatmeal and cream of what, but not the kiddos yet!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I get up early and make the kids breakfast. We make pancakes and eggs most mornings. Sometimes I do waffles. Egg burritos. Bisquits and gravy.

Answer by gemgem at 1:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• When my kids were 5 they usually ate pancakes or waffles, sometimes english muffins with strawberry jam

Answer by missanc at 1:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My son is 4 and 1/2. I have to leave to take him to PreK at about 7:15....so we don't have alot of time for big breakfasts. He usually eats a banana and some yogurt, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or sometimes cereal. He also drinks a glass of chocolate milk.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:39 PM on Feb. 14, 2011