Bank issues!!!

Here lately I have been having a lot of trouble with my bank and extra unnecessary fees so I have decided I'm going to switch to a different bank. I was thinking Bank of America because of convenience I see them everywhere. Has anyone had any issues with Bank of America or have another good bank to suggest?

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 1:33 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• i love wachovia/ wells fargo
    SweetMiss

Answer by SweetMiss at 1:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• All banks have fees.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:35 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I know but this bank has probly made thousands off of us lately. Not thousands but way to much for me to be ok with.
    aheuszel

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• *probably
    aheuszel

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't recommend Bank of America to my most hated enemy.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have been with BofA for 6 yrs and the only issue I ever had was their overdraft fees. However, they were sued and had to reimburse a ton of people of those fees and now dont do what they did anything. I love them as a bank.

Answer by gemgem at 1:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My bank may have fees, but I don't put myself in the position to actually charge up any fees.
    Many people like local credit unions, since they often have no fees.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• anything=anymore

Answer by gemgem at 1:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have an acct with BB&T and Bank of America...i personally was frustrated with BOA because they didnt tell me you had to wait 6 months before they would fully cash a check for you! That caused me many issues..but other than that, I have truly enjoyed them. THey have gone to bat for me multiple times when my computer got hacked and my info was stolen they got my money back to me within two days, they also fought a credit card company for me that lost my payment that I sent through online bill pay!! So the positives completely out weigh the negatives!!! Oh and hubby as an account with them too, we can transfer money back and forth through each others accounts with no fees online! ANNDDD (lol I sound like im getting paid for this) but you can go to the ATM and deposit cash until 8pm and it will show in your account same day!! :)
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I've heard a TON of awful things about BOA. There's an entire website dedicated to the terrible customer service of that particular bank, I believe. I wouldn't go with them if it were me.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 2:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011