New Fox Poll has Obama beating most talked about republican Potus hopefuls, who would you vote for in the match ups provided?

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/021111_2012_election_web.pdf

Romney, Palin, Huckabee, Bush, ..

If these were your choices,,,,

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• And if you don't want to analyze the data, the poll, and the results that is on you... I prefer the ENTIRE picture.
    _____________________
    lol
    I agree that a poll for an election two years out is bound to be off the wall. I still think your desperation to find a positive light in this is kind of funny...Right now, even with Obama's approval at the low level it is at, there is still not one Republican that would beat him, in an election held today. It bothers you, I know it does. lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• As long as it got Obama out of office, I'd vote for any one of the 4.
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 2:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Sooo it's Obama (1) against rebubs (14+) options :) Yeah...that's a good conclusion to draw. The he beats all of them. HELLO thats makes no damn sense. LMAO. I will wait and see....it's TWO YEARS from now..good God almighty but campaigns last too long as it is AND as of NOW I would like to focus on what the idiot in chief is doing right now! Not who may or may not be two years from now!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Hey, I would vote for anything that breaths over Obama.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, could be worse than our current president. He simply has to go.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:09 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I really cant answer that poll or who I would vote for right now. I would have to see what each of them brought to the table, their plans to get the deficit under control, and what they planned on doing to reverse health care and things like that. Until I could see more I would not be able to answer.

Answer by gemgem at 2:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No wonder Obama won look people choosing Obama when he wasnt even an option LMAO.
    Anonymous

• Uh, anon, Obama is the match up on the Dem side (at least I think that's what she meant)
    Let me break that down for ya....
    Obama Vs. Romney/Palin/Huckabee/Bush, ..
    Who would you choose....Obama or one of the others. Make sense?

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Sampling facts: Democrats (n = 389) ± 5%; Republicans (n = 354) ± 5%;Independents (n = 147) ± 8%.

So 1st, they polled more Democrats than Republicans. Second, it is SOOOOO early in the game this data shows People like Romney are UP 6pts from when asked a month ago... And Obama is DOWN than where he was a month ago... THEN, look at the total number polled (911)...  If there are 354 Republicans of that 911 ( %)... 41% of the total said they would vote for Romney, that would equate to roughly 373 would vote for Romney...  To me, that says some Democrats/Independents would vote for Romeny.. Looking this far forward, that is hopeful for those included in this poll this EARLY in the game... See how that works?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• AND you were posting it as if people didnt KNOW that...

Actually, I posted the analysis of the poll data as FACT to substantiate my opinion of it is TOO early to speculate...  Romney is up 6pts this month than he was last month....  Some might see that as encouraging....  Wonder what happens next month..  If he is up 6 more pts, it will be nearly even with Obama... Hrmmmm... Then the next month??  What might happen??   Hence~.... IT... IS.... TOO.... EARLY..... TO..... EVEN...... SPECULATE.....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• This is a FOX news poll, I make no claims as to it making sense! lol

ALL the channels are doing polls JUST like this sweet., ANd they are ALL stupid for EXACTLY the reasons I stated. There is no clear leader to the repubs. There IS a sitting president for the dems.  I wonder what happens if they start splitting up the dems by offering OTHER dems as real prospects to run against him.......Might just turn that WHOLE thing Topsy Turvey. AGAIN.......stupid poll......from anyone who does it...even fox. I KNOW you like to think conservative worship at the alter of Fox. But we dont.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 14, 2011