Ever get sick while you were pregnant and have to take medicine?

Have you ever got sick when you were pregnant and had to take medication was the baby born healthy. I'm around the public alot and everyone around me seems to be sick. I caught a sinus infection and had to take medication. Problem is I can never really rest when I'm at home I have stuff to do and when I'm at work I cant rest its very physical so when I do get sick I don't have much time to just get well. Well I think I'm sick again or I have the sinus infection back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I got sick throughout my pregnancy and was taking about 5 different meds. My little boy was born healthy.
    charmd18

Answer by charmd18 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have a script for zofran, a migraine med, and I have a sinus infection or cold and will be taking sudafed and robitussin dm per my drs suggestion.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 2:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• If it's a sinus infection you need an antibiotic. Go to the doctor. There are safe antibiotics.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I took zofran my entire pregnancy due to hyperemesis. I had two sinus infections while being pregnant as well. I was prescribed cephalexin.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• When I first got pregnant I had extreme morning sickness ALL day long....ughhhh- any smell would make me throw up--Even up to the end of my pregnancy. I had to take Phenergan- and it is perfectly safe for the baby. I also had severe pregnancy induced high blood pressure and had to take Aldomet. Nothing is wrong with my baby. Besides I always did my research on the medications. So go to the DR- you dnt want to get to sick with the pregnancy. And if you can rest- DO IT. It is so important for getting better.

Congrats on the baby, and enjoy every little moment.
    RiaChristine

Answer by RiaChristine at 7:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yup. I needed antibiotics for a UTI . . . . my child is very healthy. If you are concerned, you can call your baby's future pediatrician's office. A nurse can look up the medicine for you, consult, and tell you about safety for the baby.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The Dr.s know which meds are "safe" during pregnancy. For my pregnancies I needed meds for being sick and all of them turned out to be VERY healthy babies. (8lb 15oz and 9lb 2oz)
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 11:58 PM on Feb. 14, 2011