I Need heLp :(

I donno what is going on with my face but it is so embarassing! It started out just a lil red spot on the right side of my nose. Now, my forehead (right between eyebrows), on both sides of my nose and my chin are red. There are no bumps or pimples. It is just red and very itchy and can be flaky and dry. I do use acne facewashes with Salicycylic acid, but only one at a time. I moisturize everyday! I have had the same routine ever since I was 14 basically and never had this problem before. When looking back at about the time the first sign of redness occurred, it was around sept/oct 2010. This was around the same time I started taking ortho tri cyclen lo. It will seem to get a bit better if I moisturize alot but then comes right back the next day or so outta no where. I am trying to avoid going to a dermatologist but I need some help here. I have to be presentable and confident for my job and this is making it so hard! I have tried makeup to cover it up but i have very fair skin and it doesnt help, plus I am not a fan of lots of make up. I donno what to do! Any suggestions??

punkypreggo

Asked by punkypreggo at 2:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Health

• no clue! your going to have to go see someone! Good luck!
    JusaLady

Answer by JusaLady at 3:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You might have roseacia (sp?). I do and my doc gave me a prescription that has been a miracle. The redness and dryness are completely gone after only 3 weeks of treatment! it's an ongoing thing though so if I want to keep it that way I will always have use the medicine. Also don't use the acne stuff it just irritates it too much. Get some calming cleanser (like aveno) and a sensitive skin mositurizer and wash and moisturize morning and night. If it doesn't get better after making those changes, time to see the doc. And I didn't have to go to a derm, I went to my regular doc who diagnosed and treated.
    Jackie1081

Answer by Jackie1081 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• could be rosacea
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2011