Do you agree with the White House?

So we just hang on till then?

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• "Some international economic organizations have argued that a financial recession permanently scars an economy, and this view is also shared by some American forecasters," the administration said in its budget analysis.

"The statistical evidence for permanent scarring comes mostly from the experiences of developing countries and its relevance to the current situation in the United States is debatable."

Who knows?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:04 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Really do we have a choice but to hang on? I dont think we will ever fully recover and our kids and grandkids will be asking us wtf when they get older and have to pay this debt down.

Answer by gemgem at 3:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

•  I dont think we will ever fully recover and our kids and grandkids will be asking us wtf when they get older and have to pay this debt down.

that fact hasn't changed in decades

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No.

Oh, wait, there's more to it than just that question.

Well, I don't know. Mostly I tend to think it's spin to make him look re-electable, like we need him to make it happen. (like I'll ever think that...) But, money and markets are funny. If we get the right people to do the right things, it could be sooner. But we have to change our expectations. Things won't go back to the way they were; we have to adjust, too.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• that fact hasn't changed in decades

Does that make the record breaking out of control spending justifiable?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• From the same progressives who 'campaigned' on 2010 as being the "The Recovery Summer" ? No thanks...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It's ten for ten ladies. Ten percent UE for ten years.

2018 it might get better.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:51 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• LOL ... May-20, I was totally thinking the same thing ....

Do I agree with the White House? No, never ... why, what did they say THIS time?
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 4:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It ALL started with Reagan- UNFUNDED government, major tax cuts for the mega rich and free trade- The freaking demise of our economy, the bleeding of jobs and our manufacturing industries and the birth of a debtor nation-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• The White House assumes....

I stopped reading at this. The success rate of the WH's assumptions and the economy haven't worked in 2 years. Whenever the WH assumes, it doesn't work. That is all I needed to know.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2011