Tax Return?

i kep seeing questions on here about people not getting the tax return the hour they expected it. Are people really so dependent on their tax returns that not having it that hour is that damaging? What would you do to pay your bills if you weren't getting a tax return?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

• Yes, people are desperate. I've never understood it; folks acting like it's a bonus of some kind. It's YOUR money the government has had use of for an entire year. I would much prefer having had those funds in MY bank account over the course of 365 days.
    Anonymous

• Things would go unpaid or you would get late charges or you would dip into credit cards or you would have to beg from family or friends. Some people live paycheck to paycheck and do not have any backups. When you are depending on something you are allowed to be upset when it does not come when expected.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We werent depending on it, Yes were using it to move, but were still trying to find the right place and in no hurry, It came a couple day's late for us but we havent touched it yet it will stay in savings. We still have money in the bank after bills from hubby's last check. But last year we were desperate for it my car died and we needed a new one asap so i understand why some people need it asap!
    sunshine344

Answer by sunshine344 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Why do you even care? I can't imagine wasting my time caring about what other people do with their lives.
    Anonymous

• We are depending on it but we DO use it to pay off some long term bills. So yes, I am ready to get it. We will be less stressed now all year.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• meant to say are not..lol
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• These are desperate times dear,now since Obama has announced that they will be cutting the utility checks for many folks,these times are going to get worse,oh and the depression is not over not by a long shot.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I prefer paying to getting a refund. Why should the government use my money and not pay me interest?

I don't understand why people can't adjust their withholdings, have bigger paychecks, and save the money!!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2011