Religion

What religion are you? your husband? If you are of different religions, does it cause problems?

vivc81

Asked by vivc81 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am Wiccan, my husband was Catholic when I met him, but he is now Wiccan.
    vivc81

Comment by vivc81 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We are both atheists.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Not religious really. My faith is based on Catholic religion, but it's far from true catholic.
    My DH says he's an atheist.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 3:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'm an eclectic Wiccan-witch. I don't have a DH my DS's dad and I were engaged but he ended up leaving hes an eclectic Pagan-Witch

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 3:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We are both christian.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We were both raised Baptist, and now attend Assembly of God.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I am Christian and I'm not sure where he is. He has said the salvation prayer but then he's also made statements to the contrary. It's not my place to question his salvation so I've given that to God. Anyway, it can cause problems because I want to go to different groups and church events but since he doesn't I often don't go. I also have ministries that I want to start but since he doesn't share my vision I'm held back. I also don't curse, am learning not to gossip, and only listen to Christian music so sometimes things he says are "ugly to my ears" lol. I basically feel like I have the freedom that God and Christ have given me and I'm reaching toward that with one hand, but my other hand is handcuffed to a door and the door won't open anymore. I definately think that if you are fully dedicated and involved in your religion, it's very tough to combine 2 different ones. You'll always be fighting your FIL.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We are both Christians and we were both raised with the same Christian beliefs. I don't call it luck....I call it being extremely blessed!
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 4:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I'm Buddhist, but I was raised Catholic and have Methodist grandparents. My husband is eclectic, taking a number of practices from his father who wandered through different religions when he was kid. His mom was Methodist, but he's never been comfortable around Christians. Our daughter, who is 8, chooses to be Christian and we support her by taking her to church and meeting those needs as she expresses them to us. She deserves the same right to choose that we had and I make sure she knows that we'll always love and support her.
    Stacipr

Answer by Stacipr at 4:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We're both atheists.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2011