MISCARRIAGE STORIES. PLEASE SHARE

I recently had a miscarriae and i would love to hear positive and negative stories. how you overcame it and did you have othe kids?

lakendrawalker

Asked by lakendrawalker at 3:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a miscarriage in August of 2008. I was 11 weeks, and it was devastating for me. In feb of 2010, I had our daughter, and I am currently 11 weeks pregnant.
    vivc81

Answer by vivc81 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• yea my miscarriage was due to incompetent cervix . but congrats to you i love hearing success stories
    lakendrawalker

Comment by lakendrawalker (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• My first miscarriage was when I was 41, it happened at 6wks, I was totally devastated! When I searched online for information, I came across a guest book for a little boy who was stillborn at 24wks. There was a picture and a story, and you could sign the guestbook. I cried so hard. It made me realize that other people go through much more than I did. We tried again 6 months later. I miscarried at 12 weeks, because I was put on prednisone to sustain the pregnancy, all it did was prolong the inevitable. Three years later, on our anniversary, we didn't use protection. I found out I was pregnant, and had a beautiful baby girl at the age of 45! Her name is Noelle and I am so proud to be her Mother! She is the light of our lives.

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have had 6 miscarriages. 2 of them were 2nd trimester losses.When I didn't have any children I would lay in bed for months. Through 2 of them I didn't even speak for weeks. Once I had children I forced myself into some normalcy, but I cried and cried and cried. I went to counseling. The second miscarriage I hired an artist to basically make a composite sketch of what our baby may have looked like, blending baby pictures of my husband and I. I wrote a lot. I do have 3 beautiful, healthy babies. My husband and I hope to complete our family through adoption in the future, but we can't have anymore of our own.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I had a mc with my first pregnancy. It was very hard at the time. It took a long time for me to be able to talk about it with out shaking or crying. I now have 3 girls. HUGS =)
    michelle6890

Answer by michelle6890 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• aww blessings to all of you guys i hope to try again real soon and have success and it does get easier for me each day to know that my baby girl is in a better place and at peace.
    lakendrawalker

Comment by lakendrawalker (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I've had a stillborn at 29 weeks, I've had a healthy baby after her and i'm 25w 4d pregnant now.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I am currently 32 weeks with my third son. This pregnancy started out with twins and we lost one. On one hand we are very grateful for the one we are having, but still grieve for the one we lost.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I have had 6 MCs. The first one was when I was 15 (young, yes, but I am maried to that man today and have been with him for 15 years married for 10) and it was with twins. I did not know I was pregnant. (Those were easier for me to deal with (never get over) than when I knew). I continued to MC until 2001. I always gave a name to my babies I lost. Gender neutral for the ones that I did not know the sex for. That helped with the grieving. When we found in 2001 I was 8 weeks along me and SO did not celebrate. I walked out crying actually. I was already grieving the loss of another one. I felt the pain of what felt like another MC and I laid down, propped up my feet and put my self on bed rest til I was past the 1st trimester. She survived. 8 years later, another successful pregnancy. And now a year later, here comes another one! MCs are never easy and you never get over them. So sorry for your loss. ((HUGS))
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 11:54 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I found out in December that we were expecting. We were SO EXCITED. We were already looking at baby names and talking about buying a new crib.

Then something deep inside me told me "something's not right." I've been pregnant 2 other times and never felt that way. My other babies I carried to term and everything went great as far as no miscarriagees. This time I knew something was off.

I went to my doctor and asked them to draw my progestrone and HCG levels. The progestrone came back at a 3 which is extremely low. Over a couple of days we learned that my levels were rising properly and my progesterone was dropping.

We lost our baby a few days later. :( It's been one of the most difficult things I've ever been through in my life...never knew I could be in so much emotional pain not to mention the physical pain of actually miscarrying.

:( I'm sorry for your loss. HUGS!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2011