What to do for a 4th birthday party?

My daughter will turn four in March. I have little to no idea for what to do for her for a party? Our budget is little to none and she does not go to preschool/daycare. I'm not a huge do-it-yourself party planner and I'm very uninspired as to what would be a "good" party for her.

Help?

She likes her gymnastics classes and swimming, she's super active and a sports NUT. The biggest problem is that we live in a rainy climate so the weather for mid-march is VERY iffy and uncertain.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 3:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• A gymnastics party! By the time you buy plates, food, snacks and games for an at home party, you will spend more than a gymnastics party. They are great and you won't have to do a thing!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We will just have a small family party at our house for our daughter's 4th. We will invite the kids from her daycare and if any of them attend, we might do a game or two.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 4:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I just have family get togethers for DDs parties. I have not reached the point where I invite friends yet. I'll usually let DD tell me what theme she wants. This year it's Toy Story.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• We're doing an every other year thing. Even year birthday's they get a party, odd years it's just family at home.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011