My son will not quit whining whats wrong??

My two year old son has been whiney all day but more in the last hour. He is not running a fever he has had a nap. He is on medication from strep throat but he has been on it for about 4 days. Please help!!

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 3:59 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He probably just doesn't feel 100%. Strep takes a lot out of the body, especially when that body is of a little guy. Even though the meds are helping take away the infection its going to be a few days before he's back to his "normal" self. And at 2 he probably isn't even aware what specifically feels off, he just knows something isn't right and he feels ucky. Lots of hugs and kisses, extra cuddle time, and probably extra naps wouldn't hurt, but I'm sure it'll pass in a few days. Here's to hoping he's back to 100% sooner rather then later :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Just what ba13ygrl1987 said. He probably just doesn't feel great yet.
    vivc81

Answer by vivc81 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I wish I could help but my son at this age whined all day and it was all the time.. I'm sending hugs but that's all the advice I have..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• His throat could be hurting or the medication could be hurting his tummy. It is difficult for a two year old to express what they are feeling. If he is not better by tomorrow I would take him back to the doctor. I hope he feels better soon. Hang in there and give him lots of love.
    Momxoxoxo

Answer by Momxoxoxo at 4:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2011