Make me feel better :)

So I found out I was having a daughter at 15 weeks, due to different circumstances in my pregnancy and an early ultrasound. The image we got of her lady parts was a very clear one, she went spread eagle for the camera :) The ultrasound tech commented it was one of the better pictures she's gotten of gender in awhile. When I mentioned something about it to a friend she commented "oh I hope the gender doesn't change" meaning it could be a boy and we just didn't see the parts because it was too early. I asked my Dr the next time I had an appointment, and she said if the ultrasound showed a gender it very rarely changes, and the horror stories are quite rare, so I didn't need to worry. I'm desperately hoping for a girl so this was great news to me. But since the last appointment my friend has made several comments about her lack of belief in the gender, and I'm starting to get paranoid my next ultra ound is going to show something the first didn't. I was 15 weeks 6 days the last ultra sound. What's your ladies opinions? The image I was given clearly shows a girly part, you can see lines and everything. And with my son I was 18 weeks, but he very clearly was a boy, that too had lots of details. Help put my mind at ease!

Thanks :)

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They typically do the gender assessment at 20 weeks, but in some cases they can already see the gender at 15 weeks or earlier. If the DR said "It is a girl". Believe him---It is a girl <3

http://www.consumergenetics.com/DNA-Test-Resource/Ultrasound-Baby-Gender-Sex.php

Ultrasound Baby Gender Testing: Baby Boy or Girl?

Study included 656 participants ranging from 12-14 weeks gestation
    Gender was determined in 93% of participants (7% inconclusive rate)
    At 12 weeks, 99% of male gender predictions were correct, and 91% of female predictions were correct
    At 14 weeks, 100% of both male and female predictions were correct

Also check out youtube, and it will make you feel much better. There are gender assessments as early as 12-13 weeks. Here is one that I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkBzbvgrN4A&feature=related
    RiaChristine

Answer by RiaChristine at 5:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Listen to your doctor, not your friend.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Don't listen to your friend!!! It's a girl.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Listen to your dr, he went to med school.
    vivc81

Answer by vivc81 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Don't listen to your friend. I was the same way when I was pregnant (I really wanted a boy and got one!). My Dr. reassured me that those horror stories don't happen often, and they don't. I've never met anyone who's gone through that kind of mistake.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Just listen to the Dr. Too many people say things out loud not realizing how much it would get to someone else. Trust your doc. Praying also helps. =)
    michelle6890

Answer by michelle6890 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Thanks ladies, I figured the doc was right, especially when my father could tell the gender just by looking at the pic and he's not a dr, nor has he seen an ultra sound in over 20 years. I just want a girl so bad it was making me paranoid that even 1 person was doubtful. I feel slightly better after everyone else agreeing its more then likely a girl :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Comment by ba13ygrl1987 (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Listen to what Dr said!! Congrats on having the GIRL that you wanted!!!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 11:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• ur friend is just tryin to mess with u! dont listen to others hahaha docs know what they see :0) congrats on ur baby girl on the way :0)
    bicksbabydoll

Answer by bicksbabydoll at 11:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• when i had mine at 19 weeks they said it was probably a boy but the foot was in the way...by the time i had all my ultrasounds 4 in all cuz of GD we knew it was a boy...if you clearly saw three lines its a girl it wont change once the parts have developed they just get easier to spot tell your friend to be happy for you and buy pink lol
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2011