Who's homework comes first? Yours or your childs?

I have been faced with this a lot lately. I am drowning in homework, my English professor especially believes we have nothing else to do than homework for her class. This has left precious little time for me to help my 6 and 9 yr olds with their homework like I used to. Not to mention housework (HA!) and cooking.
So how do you balance the homework situation?

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 4:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in

• Mine, My son is 14 yrs old and can do his own homework. I have so much homework that if I want to pass my classes, I have to do it when I am awake. For one 3 credit class, I have 15 hours of homework. I have 4 classes, so I can't wait until he goes to bed or it won't get done.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Kids' homework first. CM time last.
    Anonymous

• Kids have to come first and you do yours while they are sleeping. Maybe. I am getting ready to go back to school so I will be in your shoes soon enough. Good luck.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• kids
    vivc81

Answer by vivc81 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• When I was in college I tried to do mine when they were at school. Once they were home it was all about them and their homework. They became #1 above me and anything I had to do. Once they went to bed if I felt up to it I would work on my own homework some more.

Answer by gemgem at 4:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• kids first always
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes, I read my Sociology text last night in bed... it's been a juggling act.
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Feb. 14, 2011