Keeping Kids Busy on Airplane

Tomorrow I am going on a 3 hour flight with my two little boys - ages 3 (4 in March), and 16 months. We are flying to see my mom, which we have done before. Last March we flew and both boys slept the entire flight, however, I don't think I'll be so lucky this time.

I need ideas on how to keep them entertained! I am definitely bringing our portable DVD player and probably some books. I appreciate ANY ideas!!

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Travel

• As young as they are that should do it. I bet they will both, or at least the baby, sleep most of the way. Good luck!
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• that will likely be plenty!

plan it so they'll be hungry, borderline ravenous. you'll kill 30 minutes easy on snacks/drinks.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I always brought new dollar store toys that have never been seen before. Pipe cleaners or soooooo much fun for small children, safe to play with, you can create tons of different things with just a few, AND usually a child has never seen them before so its something new and interesting. I would get just little things like this, or a new book/movie, and then not show it to my son until we were on the plane and he started to fuss. Then I'd say I had a surprise for him, and the "wow" factor made the fact that it was .99 pipe cleaners not matter. He also loves matchbox cars, and I would would be entertained just driving them on the seat tray for small periods of times, or if we happened to have an extra seat.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I always brought a couple small toys when we would fly. What you are bringing should be fine, but maybe bring a favorite toy along or even some hand puppets so you can entertain them.

Answer by gemgem at 4:37 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• bag of goldfish and juice box
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011