He didnt get me anything today.

Well this morning I gave my husband a card, and some candy. All he did was read the card, give me a pop kiss, and laid the card over to the side like mail. Then I ordered him flowers, and it was sent to his work. I know, I know, Im sweet. ;) He was very surprised and thankful.

Well today I had to go to the dmv to get a new license, and he tells me "well baby, I was going to get you a card and flowers after work, but your using the car". No big deal, kinda. Sucks I got him a card and roses, and he couldnt even call to get roses delivered to the house for me.

I had to practically BEG for roses last month, bc he NEVER gets me anything sweet. Even a single red rose, I would be sooo ecstatic.! They only cost 1.99!! Ugh, I know V Day is just like any other day, I just wish he would be more romantic!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I bet he was this type of man before you were married also - I made sure to look for good / bad qualities before I got married.. sorry you are sad though -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No he wasnt. :( He used to do special things like this for me!!! But not anymore. I hate that!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Are you sure he doesn't have some surprise planned for you?
    Anonymous

• I doubt it, I have to pick him up from work, then we are headed home. I have the flu, so we are just ordering pizza tonight. I received a box this afternoon, and i was excited. I thought it was a gift from him, but it was just a light fixture part. Sigh.

We went to key west this past weekend. On our way down he said that was my surprise for our anniversary, then this morning, he said "well, we went to key west, that was your valentines day gift". Arg. Which one was it? Anniversary? Or V day?? He never ceases to amaze me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Maybe he has something else planned you dont know about. If not, well I wouldnt be angry or anything about it. Maybe he really just couldnt go get you what he planned on getting. It happens. Life gets in the way sometimes of things we want to do.

Answer by gemgem at 4:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Can he take the car now and go get you something? Or, suggest that he'll have the car tomorrow. Better late than never!

Still, I know how you feel. I have to throw a fit to get something for V-day. And the excuses!! You have the car, it's so expensive, I don't know what to get, etc. They amaze me. Hang in there! You're not alone and I sure hope he realizes how wonderful you are!
    Stacipr

Answer by Stacipr at 4:30 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• eye rolling

Anonymous

• I know the feeling. I asked my SO a thousand times what he wanted, I planned the date we had on Saturday for Vday (he is working tonight), I am watching kids tonight because I traded babysitting so we could have the dang date, and I got nothing. A flower or something would have been nice. All I got was a kiss on the way out the door and him saying "Well happy valentines."

Anonymous

• LOL Did yours even know it was V Day? Mine didn't know until in church yesterday. Before we were married he got me flowers and all that. After we got married - I got an unsigned card the first year, but only because I got him all this great stuff and I guess he felt he'd better do SOMEthing. This year - nothing. I made him breakfast and then he basically ignored the card and gift I gave him. I told him not to get me anything. He'd be doing it out of guilt rather than because he really wants to. I don't want that.
    Anonymous

• Well guys kinda suck at doing things like calling to have flowers delivered. Maybe he didnt even think about being able to do something like that. It will be ok. I'm sure you will make it throught!!! I didnt get anything either !
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2011