my husband and i were going threw the process of a divorce

my husband and i were going threw a divorce process he had already gone outside of our marriage and we were close to mediation when he called and admitted he was wrong and still loved me and wanted to work things out my mom told me if i went back she'd never talk to me again we have two beautiful children together and i loved him so i left my moms and went back to try to work things out now neither my mom or sister will talk to me things with my husband and i are going good i just wish i knew how to explain to her i am a 33 year old adult and can make decisions for my self

mrsunderstood33

Asked by mrsunderstood33 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• "i am a 33 year old adult and can make decisions for my self"

Tell her exactly that.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I am sure this isn't the ONLY incident where you've ended at your moms or she would know relationships have their ups and downs. Its hard for family to watch someone they love make mistakes over and over and take its toll on their kids and the family relationship along with it -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Dont stress out about them. If you want to make your marriage work then work on that and try not to focus on your mom or your sister and what they think. If you can make the marriage work then in time they will come around because they will see you happy. I would just write them a letter or email and explain to them you feel you are old enough to make the right choices and you are trying to make this work so you can be happy & the kids can have an in tact family. I would also tell them if things dont work out, then you would have learned something and atleast knew you did all you could to save your marriage. After that, the ball is in their court.

Answer by gemgem at 4:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• You would think they would want to see you happy. I know it hurts but you need to live your life. If they want in your life they will start talking to you.
    Anonymous

• Wow sorry you're going through that. They should support you no matter what. I actually had a similar thing just happen to me. However, my family said I should stay and try to work things out. I do still love him and I would hate to see our daughter be tossed around. I think they will come around. Just give it time. Maybe send them a cArd and explain how you feel and thAt you miss them.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• They probably just dont want to see you get hurt. I'm sure you went to them and told them terrible stuff about your hubby, now you forgive him and expect them to do the same. It will take time for them to trust that he isnt going to break your heart again.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• A family, especially a parent, should support their children no matter what. It doesn't mean they have to agree or like what you are doing, but if you are happy they should be supportive. I would find someone else to talk to about your marriage issues.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• So she is doing this because she loves you and thinks that he will only hurt you and that her way is best for her family. So tell her you know she is only trying to do what is best for her family but you are trying to do what is best for yours. Tell her you want her to be in your life and the kids because life is shot and there is not time for not talking.
    I think you can also tell her that if he dose hurt you again you won't come to her. She might feel like she took you in when he tossed you out and now you are choosing him who didn't care for you in her opinion.
    Maybe if you just give her a bit more time she will be easier to talk to. I am sorry you have all this going on.
    sierramagic

Answer by sierramagic at 10:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2011