Why is my group being deleted?

I guess I am a little Irritated that Cafemom has assumed the ownership of my group and that it will be deleted this week. I understand that there are other groups on the same topic but i think i should have had a choice as to what to do with it. I could have made it private and an invite to join group. I have owned the group since march of 08. I just don't understand.

MiraclesDHappen

Asked by MiraclesDHappen at 4:26 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in About CafeMom

• That is really stupid of them. Truthfully? Start another group and make it private. Invite all the people from your old group.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I agree with Craftingmama. Maybe your group wasnt active enough? But if that was true there would be alot of groups out there being deleted.

Answer by gemgem at 4:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i went through a bunch of other groups and they too are being deleted, seems cafemom has their own group on the subject and would love nothing more than to cram 20,000 people into the same group....
    MiraclesDHappen

Comment by MiraclesDHappen (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Was the group not active?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:29 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• it was active, but not so much that the posts were disappearing every 5 minutes do to overcrowding
    MiraclesDHappen

Comment by MiraclesDHappen (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• cause they are dumb...no idea why.
    Anonymous

• Did they send you an email or something? I own a group and it isnt always active but didnt get a notice of it being deleted.

Answer by gemgem at 4:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Aww, hope it works out for you.GL
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Odd. I don't see what the problem of having a group with the same topic is, as long as there are members and stuff. I belong to several groups of very similar topics..I don't get it.
    Anonymous

• That's just crazy. They make money every time someone clicks on to CM without regard to which group they link in to.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:13 PM on Feb. 14, 2011