My 7 and 1/2 month old baby has a cold (No fever though), what do I need to do?

His eyes keep getting boogies in them and matting up, he has a little cough mainly due his congestion. He is getting aggravated when he nurses because it is a hard to breathe out of his nose :(

RiaChristine

Asked by RiaChristine at 4:34 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get some nasal saline for the congestion, baby vicks for the feet, a humidifier or steamy bathroom, and don't lay him flat. Take a receiving blanket and roll it up and put it UNDER THE MATTRESS so that he lays in a reclined position.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• humidifier and vicks baby rub...try that before u take him anywhere unless he has fever
    kaleigh1984

Answer by kaleigh1984 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I took sodium ascorbate (vit C) mixed with juice. It passed to my baby through bm. Other than that I would try to clear the nose and use warm mist--the latter you need to be careful to have it where the baby cannot reach it or only use it when you are holding them; cool mist is safer but not as effective for colds.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 5:05 PM on Feb. 14, 2011