Do you tip?

Do you give your mailman a tip (or gift) at Christmas? If yes, how much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No, didn't know I was supposed to. Ooops. I don't tip the trash men either..
    Anonymous

• No, if I were close to my mailman and had daily talks to him or he went out of his way I would but mine barely speaks... and they make pretty good money so no, I don't.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:44 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes I even tip the trashmen at Christmas. I usually get the mail lady a gift card from me and the surrounding neighbors. There are only 4 houses on our little street, and now only 3 people (older man died last year). We put in whatever we can afford. I put in around $20-$40 depending on what we can spare. She usually ends up with around $75. I also make homemade cookies and I put that wrapped in seran wrap and the gift card in the mailbox. The trash guys I give them $15 each and some cookies.

Answer by gemgem at 4:45 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Yes. We put $5 in a Christmas Card
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No we are in an apartment so we don't know ours. Once I live in a house I am looking forward to it!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• No. These people get paid and I don't even know what our mailman looks like! Why should I give him a tip? Waiters/waitresses are different - they're doing something more personal and fulfilling our requests. Why is it that suddenly EVERYONE is to be tipped?
    Anonymous

• It isnt all of a sudden. Anyone whose ever lived in a house knows its the way it is. They are providing a service for you.
    Anonymous

• Our mail goes to neighborhood boxes and i never see the mail man.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• NO...Half the time we get others mail and they get ours.......no tip from us.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 4:57 PM on Feb. 14, 2011