WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST GIFT YOU RECIEVED FROM YOUR CHILD, (THIER AGE) AND SPENT WITH THEIR OWN $$$

backpackMy son, TJ was in 2nd   grade, when his school had a fundraiser week set up in the gym of varied items for purchased. Without prior knowledge he took his money out of his piggy bank, but told me after he gave me the gift.   He was so proud that he was able to get me a gift all by himself.    On Christmas morning 18 years ago,  I was so Surprised to open a self  wrapped gift with lots of scotch tape, was  a small clear glass (to look like crystal) figurine  angel  present from my son.  I still have that Angel to this very day, (18 years later) and it's in our living room for all to see, especially me!   AHHHHH!!!   TOO SWEET, WHAT ABOUT YOU?    PLEASE BUMP FOR OTHERS TO SEE??  thanks Cafemoms, Love csjoy1

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Aww- what a sweetie! My kids have a Santa Shop at their school every year at Christmas time- so if I remember correctly, they got me a coffee mug that was filled w/ candy. They know me quite well since I love my coffee & have a sweet tooth! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I don't have a story yet - but I can remember the first gift I gave to my own mom like that - it was a set of placemats and napkins. I was in the store with my Dad and saw them and knew they were her favorite colors. I knew I had enough money so I asked if I could borrow from Dad. I paid him back as soon as we got home... well, if I remember correctly he got stiffed about 40 cents, lol. But I spent all my Christmas money to buy my Mom's birthday present. I couldn't stand the wait though and gave it to her early :)
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• How sweet. My DD is only 3 and is still learning to spend her money, mainly on little toys. But this past xmas she got one of her baskets and tied an old deflated balloon to it and put it under the tree and said she made me a present. I was so touched the idea and effort were all hers :)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2011